Gua sha is a traditional Chinese massage technique designed for overall relaxation and health.
This ancient beauty practice is performed using a gua sha tool, along with oil which allows the tool to glide easily over the skin and prevents tugging on the skin.
Facial muscles store a lot of tension, which can create wrinkles and fine lines. Facial gua sha massage helps to relax facial muscles and release jaw tension, while gentle pressure and motion encourages plumping and sculpting of the skin to make your skin feel more lifted.
Gua sha facial massage also helps to move lymphatic fluids, which assists with reducing the appearance of puffiness and promotes a brighter, fresher looking complexion.
Benefits of gua sha facial massage:
- promotes lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness
- smooths the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- aids in relaxing facial muscle and jaw tension
- promotes feelings of calm and well-being
- encourages a healthy looking, radiant complexion
- enhances the application of serums and oils
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This item is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Shape: heart shaped
Color: Silver, People's Herbs branded.
Recommended gua sha oil: Pair your gua sha tool with ReDermaVive Golden Goddess Gua Sha Oil for optimal glide, moisture boost, and the incredible anti-aging benefits of pearl powder, ren shen (asian ginseng), babchi oil, green coffee bean oil, and hibiscus seed oil.
Tip: For maximum cooling and de-puffing effects, store your gua sha tool in the refrigerator or freezer until ready for use. Alternatively, for a warming effect, run it under warm water prior to use.
Use: Apply gua sha oil to cleansed face and neck. Starting in the center of the face, hold the gua sha at a slightly tilted angle and glide the tool across the skin in outward strokes, using gentle but firm pressure.
Gua sha facial massage instructions:
- Read our blog post with step-by-step instructions
- Gua sha stroke directions for concave shaped tool
- Gua sha stroke directions for heart shaped tool