We all know water is good for our health. It plays a crucial role for every system in our body -- from digestion to the brain to the skin.
Drinking enough water also prevents constipation, headaches, low energy.
With all the benefits water provides us, what's not to love?
Unfortunately, many people don't enjoy drinking water and, therefore, find it hard to drink enough water each day. In fact, lots of us are walking around every day chronically dehydrated.
For most of us, drinking 8-10 cups of water a day is an adequate goal; however, that amount will vary depending on several factors, including your activity level.
A good way to tell how hydrated you are is to pay attention to the color of your urine. It should be light in color, almost clear. The darker the color of your urine, the more dehydrated you are.
10 easy ways to drink more water
Use the tips below to jazz up your water and help you get in the habit of drinking more water daily. Your body will thank you!
1. Drink one glass of water first thing in the morning before your first cup of coffee, tea, and/or breakfast. Drink another glass of water before each meal and snack.
2. Drink your water out of a fancy wine glass to make it more visually appealing and fun!
3. Add frozen berries or a squeeze of lime to your water for a flavor burst.
4. For a tongue-tingling change of pace, drink plain seltzer water (no added sweeteners).
5. Drink hot or cold herbal tea. Herbal tea is decaffeinated, comes in a variety of tasty flavors, and counts toward your water intake!
6. Set a phone alarm for every hour as a reminder to drink 1 glass of water.
7. Fill a 32oz reusable water bottle in the morning and if you haven’t finished it by 3:00p, chug it down!
8. Fill up your reusable water bottle and each time you finish drinking it, place a rubber band around the bottle so you can visually track your water intake.
9. Take a reusable bottle of water with you when in the car - whether commuting or running errands - and drink it by the time you get to your destination.
10. Invest in a quality, customized water bottle and consider it a personalized accessory that you'll enjoy carrying around! You'll save money and the environment by using a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles.