Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese massage tool designed for overall relaxation and health. It helps to move lymphatic fluids and improves blood circulation so the skin can function better. Draining congested lymph nodes results in reduced puffiness and adds qi (energy) for brighter, fresher looking skin!
Facial muscles store a lot of tension, which can cause wrinkles and fine lines. Regular gua sha massage engages and relaxes those muscles, while gentle pressure and motion promotes plumping and sculpting of the skin, which makes your skin feel more lifted.
Gua Sha Benefits:
- moves and drains lymphatic fluids
- adds qi (energy) to the skin
- aids in skincare product absorption
- reduces under eye puffiness
- increases blood circulation
- reduces jaw tension
- reduces sinus pressure
- brings about a healthy glow
Shape: heart shaped
Rose Quartz: Called the Heart Stone and the Love Stone, Rose Quartz is said to give off vibrations that promote love, happiness and emotional health.
Use: Start with a cleansed face and use the gua sha tool morning and/or night. After you apply gua sha oil or facial oil, glide the gua sha stone over the skin. Keep the gua sha stone in the refrigerator or freezer for maximum cooling and anti-swelling effects. Or run under warm water prior to use for a warmer effect.
Recommended gua sha oil:
How to gua sha:
- Read our blog post with step-by-step instructions.
- View a how-to video tutorial here.
- Gua sha stroke directions for concave shaped tool.
- Gua sha stroke directions for heart shaped tool