Functions: Blue Poppy's Skin Soothing ointment is for the topical application to burns and scalds. It clears heat and dries dampness, cools the blood and resolves toxins, quickens the blood and stops pain, transforms stasis and eliminates the putrid, closes sores and engenders flesh.
Based on a highly efficacious formula — designed and researched at the Ping-yi County Chinese Medical Hospital in Henan — Bob Flaws has modified this formula using Chinese medicinals commonly available in the West with which Western practitioners are familiar. It incorporates the ingredients of Chen Shi-gong’s famous Ming dynasty Zi Cao Gao (Lithospermum Ointment) plus several more to make it even more specific and effective for burns and scalds.
Size: 0.5 oz
Method of Use: Apply to affected area several times per day.
- Sesame oil
- Niu Xi (Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae)
- Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae)
- Pu Gong Ying (Herba Taraxaci)
- Ku Shen (Radix Sophorae Flavescentis)
- Di Yu (Radix Sanguisorbae)
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
- Zi Cao (Radix Arnebiae/Lithospermi)
- Xue Jie (Sanguis Draconis)
- Hong Hua (Flos Carthami)
- San Qi (Radix Notoginseng)
- Mao Dong Qing (Radix Ilicis Pubescentis)
- Bing Pian (Borneolum)